We provide support for ministerial students with their
- and pastoral care needs.
Senior students volunteer help out and mentor those requiring support.
- To ask for academic and technological assistance, reach out in our student Facebook group.
- For pastoral care, please contact one of our student chaplains.
We represent the student body as we communicate with UWSI's faculty and staff. Our current concerns include
- BlackBoard setup and usage
- Clarity of syllabi, grading rubrics, penalties, etc.
- Instructor accountabilities (grading, feedback, etc.)
- Admissions process (statistics, procedures, instructor input, cost)
- And many more...
We help organize several events to make sure that the student body gets to meet outside of the classroom and has the opportunity to build relationships:
- Student body meetings during terms to discuss current issues and concerns
- Receptions and dinners at intensives for social gatherings
- Annual meetings (at intensives) to hold elections and provide opportunities to collaborate on the UMSA's direction and services
- And other fun stuff...
We provide helpful feedback throughout the various stages of ministerial school. Additionally, we are building a comprehensive knowledge base with important documents (e.g. for admissions).